Necessity is the mother of invention.
Sometimes, you need something that is either out of your price range or doesn’t even exist yet. So, I build it. Usually, I custom-make instruments for generating a hideous racket. But, I’ve also been known to MacGyver together other contraptions, when needed. I have occasionally given what I have constructed to friends, when I need to make room at my residence for something else.
So, basically, I am after some unwanted stuff that you might have in your attic or shed! For making videos. For Circuit-bending. Building noise-generating devices. If you don’t want to chuck them, its a pretty good way to prevent them from ending up in a landfill. Any help would be massively appreciated!
Physical or Imaginary Donations Drop Off:
c/o THEEE URBAN SPACECAT
P.O. BOX 1201
TAYLOR, MI 48180 USA
(If it is too big, and you are nearby, maybe we can meet up somewhere.)
Below is a list of things that come to mind that I have been on the hunt for, to use in various projects. I’m working on old equipment and making them into something new. :-
- Guitar parts; necks, bodies, electronics, even cables or peripherals.
- Old / broken rack effects or guitar pedals.
- Electronic toys & games; Furbies, Speak & Spell, SEGA, Nintendo, Operation, metal detectors, walkie talkies, talking dolls, etc. Never need enough interesting toys that may become part of a project.
- Old / broken keyboards and synths,
- Old computers, always after old computers, don’t throw them away! Give em to meeeee :P.
- Sythesizer peripherals, like that cheetah drum machine!
- even anything with a timing crystal
- Strange electric components / parts / test equipment?
- Turntables, cassette players, or blank tapes
- Photo / Video / Lighting equipment, old obsolete stuff, whatever you’ve got.
- Arts & Crafts type stuff for making props, costumes, sets in video production; paint, glue, fabric, old unwanted clothes, etc.
If anything laying around is annoying you, whether it’s broken junk or still functional, who knows! I might be able to make something out of it… and I will love you forever.
If you don’t have any gear or spare materials that I could re-purpose, I can always use any extra money. I’m perpetually broke, deep in debt, and trying to find funding for various projects. Become a patron at Patreon, for as much or as little as you want, and every month you will get more exclusive stuff from me. If that sounds like too much, I also have a Ko-Fi account for one-time donations of any size. Really. You could send the spare change found under your couch if you’d like to. That is cool!