Necessity is the mother of invention.
Sometimes, you need something that is either out of your price range or doesn’t even exist, yet. So, I build it. Usually, I custom-make contraptions for generating a hideous racket. But, I’ve also been known to MacGyver-together other odd things, when needed.
So, basically, I am after unwanted stuff that you might have in your attic or shed… for making videos, for circuit-bending, for building noise-generating devices of all sorts. If it is obsolete (functional) or broken, and you don’t want to chuck it out, this is a pretty good way to prevent it from ending up in a landfill. Any help would be massively appreciated!
c/o THEEE URBAN SPACECAT
P.O. BOX 1201
TAYLOR, MI 48180 USA
(If it is too big, and you are nearby, maybe we can meet up somewhere.)
Below is a list of items that come to mind that I have been on the hunt for, to use in various projects. I work on old equipment and make them into something new:
- Guitar parts; necks, bodies, electronics, even cables or peripherals.
- Old rackmount stuff, effects, or guitar pedals.
- Electronic toys & games; Furbies, Speak & Spell, SEGA, Nintendo, Operation, metal detectors, walkie-talkies, etc. Never enough interesting toys that may become part of a project.
- Keyboards, synths, and synthesizer / computer peripherals (like that ancient drum machine in your attic)!
- Strange electrical components / parts / test equipment?
- Turntables, cassette recorders / players, or blank tapes (audio, VHS, 8mm, Hi-8)
- Photo / Video / Lighting equipment; camcorders, VCRs, mixers, effects, obsolete stuff, whatever you’ve got.
- Arts & Crafts type of materials (for making props, costumes, and sets in video production); paint, glue, fabric, unwanted clothes, etc.
If anything laying around is annoying you, just taking up space, who knows! I might be able to make something out of it… and I will love you forever.
If you don’t have any gear or spare materials that I could re-purpose, I can always use any extra money. I’m perpetually broke, deep in debt, and trying to find funding for various projects. Buy me a Ko-Fi for monetary donations. I appreciate the help. You could send the spare change found under your couch, directly, if you’d like to. That is cool, too!