Some New Year’s Resolutions:
1) Get the damn cassette-zines published fer chrissakes!
a) It shouldn’t be so damn difficult. Rather than stick to a strict schedule, as I had planned, I will probably just be putting them out as I am capable of. It could be an issue every few months. It could be a deluge of material within a few weeks. I don’t know.
b) Putting out some vinyl and getting it distributed would be nice too, if I can get it done.
c) Make more music & art.
d) Making some music videos might help getting The Island of Misfit Noise Movie off of the ground, as I accumulate more equipment and resources. It would help me add more videos to my vlogs too.
e) Get the legal business side of things taken care of.
2) Perform some live shows again. It has been a long time.
a) I SUCK, SUCK, SUCK at booking gigs. I think almost every show that I’ve played was set up by other bandmates, or invitations from venues and other bands (not including free parking lot “guerilla gigs”).
b) Playing out-of-state would be nice. The closest I have come to this is driving / roadying for Mog Stunt Team and a cancelled gig in New York City with The Impaler and N2-Submission.
c) Solo shows will probably just be me on bass & vocals with backing tapes. If I’m lucky, I might be able to set up some sort of video projection backdrop and lightshow. I hate this. It doesn’t feel like a “real” band or anything without at least a drummer up there with me. Performing Dadaist noise shows as Mike Damn Nobody is a little different. It isn’t supposed to make sense.
d) Island of Misfit Noise shows would be nice, if anybody wants to do it. I consider this more of a collaborative project with whoever is interested than just “my band”. We all have input into original material. If they want to play any of my solo stuff too, that is fine by me. A basic line-up that I would like to have is:
i) Myself on bass & baritone guitars, vocals, and Dictaphone tapes.
ii) A decent drummer.
iii) A “Junk Percussionist”.
iv) Two guitarist / keyboardists (if they can sing, that would be great too).
3) Set up some art gallery shows, if that is possible. Put some paintings & stuff out there.
4) Pay off some goddamn debts and dig myself out of this hole.
5) Improve my mental health and get better organized.
6) Find a new doctor, who is closer and less difficult to get an appointment with.
7) Have my eyes checked-out and possibly get glasses or contact lenses.
8) Fix or replace the van (and other broken gear).
9) Downsize more stuff.
10) But, get a bike. Get out more.
11) Lose some weight. I’m too fat.
12) Things to give up;
b) Negative Thinking
c) Fear of Failure
d) Fear of Success
e) Negative Self-Talk
g) Depending on Others for Motivation or Help. It isn’t coming.